For Buyers > REO Homes for Workforce
REO Homes for Workforce
Northbay Family Homes has started a new program to help the local workforce purchase affordable Marin County homes near local jobs, schools, shopping and transit.
Since 2011, NFH has completed energy efficient renovations of 2- and 3- bedroom affordable homes in Marin County, and resold those homes at affordable prices - from $210,000-$305,000. NFH, (partnering with its sister nonprofit SALT) continue to identify and secure foreclosed properties, including REOs and short sales, for renovations and resale to lower income working families! Contact us to learn about future affordable homes coming on line for resale. Learn more about these homes and other market opportunities and begin the process to purchase an affordable home in Marin right now!
- Email Terry Ward at Northbay Family Homes email@example.com or call him at 415-897-1133
- Be sure to leave your best phone numbers for contact and an email address.
- Terry will talk with you to provide additional information and to explain the PreApproval process.
Downpayment Eligibility in Marin
The Cal Home Mortgage Assistance Program can help borrower qualify for up to $54,000 in downpayment assistance. One of the eligibility criteria is to take a homebuyer counseling course offered through NFH. This program is designed for working families. Qualified families will earn no more than 80% of Marin County Area Median Income (as of 2014):
- $70,900 for 2 persons
- $79,750 for 3 persons
- $88,600 for 4 persons
- Have sufficient annual household income to qualify for a 30-year fixed rate home loan.
- Have not owned a home in the last 3 years (some exceptions apply).
- Have a down payment of at least 3.5% of sales price. (Gifted funds, housing voucher, escrowed funds and IDEA are O.K.!
- Homes must be owner occupied, not rented.
- Qualified families may receive up to $15,000 in down payment assistance. No obligation to repay if you stay in your home at least 5 years.
- Additional down payment assistance loan of up to 3% of purchase price available from the State of California.
- Homes prices expected to range from $200,000 to $350,000.
Ready to buy a home?
We are acquiring and renovating homes constantly, and offer each home to pre-approved buyers as soon as they are ready. As these homes are in limited supply, potential buyers are encouraged to register for this program ASAP so as not to miss out on homes as they become available.
- Call Terry Ward at Northbay Family Homes at 415-897-1133 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate how many parents and children are in your household, and contact phone number(s) and email address.
- We’ll contact you and provide a checklist of documents you’ll need to provide for loan pre-approval with our lender partner.
- Once you’re pre-approved, you’ll be added to our list for notification of each home made available under this program.
It Happened to Us!
Learn how the Bruinsma Family was able to purchase a Home for the Workforce with help from Northbay Family Homes. Read more.
Call Terry Ward at 415-897-1133 or email at email@example.com
NFH and SALT acknowledge the generous support of the San Francisco Foundation which provided a grant under its Foreclosure Response and Neighborhood Preservation program to make the REO Homes for the Workforce possible.